Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a holistic approach to injuries. It encompasses a number of treatments. It is an evidence based treatment.
- It is a technique of inserting and manipulating fine needles into specific points (known as acupoints) on the body.
- It aims to relieve and regain normal movement.
- It is a drug free mechanism of pain relief and is beneficial for a wide range of problems.
- The application of vacuum cups to the skin, most commonly used on the back.
- It is often used as an alternative to acupuncture (needles) and can be applied to most of the same acupuncture points and meridians although some points may be too small for cupping.
- Sometimes cupping is used after acupuncture to further stimulate the flow of blood and qi to the area.
3. Gua sha (Scraping the skin)
- A treatment which aims to boost circulation and relieve muscular pain and tension.
4. Tui na
- A form of ‘hands-on’ Chinese Manipulative Therapy.
The above treatments are offered by our acupuncturists. They can complement your physiotherapy treatment, or be offered as a stand alone treatment option. This depends on your specific condition. Our team will provide you with an individualised treatment plan once your assessment is completed.